Healing from Loss
- http://smallbirdstudios.com/sisterhood-of-loss-support/ (A listing of blogs of other families who have experienced loss.)
- http://www.hopexchange.com/ (miscarriage/pregnancy loss support)
- http://silentgrief.proboards.com/index.cgi? (Message board for those struggling with miscarriage, infertility, pregnancy loss, death of a child or baby.)
Healing from Traumatic Birth
- Tree of Life Hypnosis – Live sessions and with LDS hypnotherapist, Felice Austin. MP3s, affirmations CDs, etc.
- Janet Field Hypnotherapy – Hypnosis CDs for Traumatic Birth Recovery, Cesarean Recovery and Loss
- Energy Healing – Emotional Freedom Technique, Body Code — More Information Coming Soon
- Series of Blog Posts on Healing
- Solace For Mothers – Website for moms who had a traumatic birth
What Can Women Do to Prevent a Traumatic Birth?
You cannot control everything about your birth, but there are a few things you can do to better prepare yourself:
- Choose a care provider and birth location carefully. (See “Unity with Providers of Care,”)
- Educate yourself and know all of your options as well as your rights. (See “Free to Choose”)
- Hire a doula. Having a support person with you who is familiar with birth can be very helpful and can increase your chance of having a positive birth experience. (Refer to “Benefits of Having a Doula,”)